Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, and under direction from the Senior Application Developer/Team Lead, the Senior Application Developer (SrAD) is responsible for ensuring approved software applications function efficiently and meet the business objectives of our client. In collaboration with the Senior Application Developer/Team Lead and the Project Manager/Business Analyst, this position is responsible for application development and information systems applications through their full system lifecycle. The Senior Application Developer provides input on the development of business rules, procedures, and processes for the use of organizational information systems and provides oversight and support for daily operational activities of the Application Developer.
Scope and Complexity:
The Senior Application Developer applies extensive knowledge of system coding options, databases, and other application development technologies to ensure that systems applications support the business. The SrAD works closely with internal department staff, external consultants, and external stakeholders to identify, recommend, and develop effective and efficient information systems for the shared systems. The role also supports, through an agile process, shared information services with similar organizations.
This position reports to the Director, Information Technology, and takes work direction from the Senior Application Developer/Team Lead. The position has no direct reports.
CRM – Dynamics CRM 365, Dynamics CRM 2011 (legacy)
Sharepoint – Sharepoint Online, Sharepoint 2019, Sharepoint 2013
Finance – Dynamics Great Plains 2018, Dynamics Great Plains 2013 (legacy)
Database – SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2012
Search Engine – Elasticsearch
1. In consultation with the Senior Application Developer/Team Lead and Project Manager/Business Analyst, the Senior Application Developer evaluates, architects, codes/configures, tests, updates and improves systems to meet the shared systems’ requirements and business objectives.
2. The SrAD ensures all application systems are operating efficiently at all times; uses tools to monitor systems; works with information security resources to ensure the ongoing security of the shared systems’ systems; problem solves concerns and escalates issues to the Senior Application Developer/Team Lead as appropriate.
3. The SrAD manages and configures MS Dynamics CRM and SharePoint. The position also leads the development of custom web applications that interface to these systems, and researches and integrates other relevant off-the-shelf applications.
4. The SrAD provides oversight for application development ensures that application code/configurations prepared by developers follow internal standards and industry best practices; ensures that quality and standards are met. Also ensures distributed development work is done in a cohesive manner, is appropriately documented, controlled and stored by the shared systems. Problem solves concerns and escalates issues to the Senior Application Developer/Team Lead as appropriate.
5. Assists with the access to and reporting of information contained within the organization’s systems and databases.
6. Monitors the external environment for changes in technology options and risks and assesses these against the shared systems and requirements. Makes recommendations for enhancements as appropriate.
7. Reviews the work of external development resources.
8. Contributes to the development of system documentation of processes and procedures for the effective and efficient use of organizational systems, to ensure the retention of corporate knowledge.
9. Provides input and recommendations on the development of future organization-wide applications.
10. Fosters and maintains an organizational culture that promotes mutual respect, teamwork, and service excellence.
11. Researches new developments methodologies and evaluates them against existing processes to assess and implement potential improvements to the shared systems.
The role is broadly-defined and work methods need to be selected to respond to incoming demands. Decisions of the position influence the effectiveness of the operation which in turn affects the members’ ability to meet its mandate.
1. A baccalaureate degree in computer science or related field or other relevant education.
2. Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and Microsoft SharePoint applications, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Great Plains.
3. 5 to 7 years of experience developing related web-based applications and interfaces. Supervisory experience is preferred.
5. Demonstrated systems thinking, questioning status quo, and striving for continuous improvement.
6. Ability to consider attitudes and beliefs when working with individuals or groups in order to structure the situation for a positive outcome.
7. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to use audience appropriate communication and language to present information and convey concepts.
8. Excellent customer service orientation.
9. Demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
10. Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative agile environment.
11. Ability to work outside of regular work hours, on occasion, to ensure the smooth functioning of systems.